Everyone wants to own property. Can everyone do that? The sixth house in astrology can help us know whether buying property is possible on the basis of reflections in the horoscope. It also indicates the probable period of owning or purchasing a house. This can be done by the use of methods of timing i.e., the data system.
In the “Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra”, Maharishi Parashara has signified the role of the 4th house in the horoscope in judging property-related matters. Some relevant quotes as translated into English are as follows.
- The native will enjoy the full happiness of the house should the lord of the fourth house be in the 4th house and the ascendant lord be also there and receives aspect by a benefic planet.
- If the lord of the 4th house is placed in its own sign or in its own “Navamsha” and in its own sign of exaltation, the native gets the comforts of having land, conveyance, house, and musical instruments.
- In the event of the lord of the 10th house together with the lord of the 4th house being placed in Kendra (quadrant) or a “trikona” (trine), the native’s house should be adorned with a boundary and the house will be worthy of a king.
If we examine the prospects on the basis of “Sanket Nidhi,” then the observations will be the following.
“If Mercury is in the 4th house the house would be artistic, Moon gives a new house. Jupiter gives a strong and durable house. Sun and “Ketu” give flimsy house, Saturn and “Rahu” give old house, Venus gives lovely house and Mars gives a building prone to fire.”
“Jataka Tatwa” is another well-known astrological classic in which property matters have been analyzed. The observations are more forthright.
- Moon and Venus in the 4th house give the multistoried house.
- Planets in exaltation in the 4th house also give the multistoried house.
- “Ketu” and Mars give a brick house.
- Jupiter gives a house of timber.
- Sun gives a hut of grass.
- Lord of the 9th house in the “Kendra”, the 4th lord in its own sign, exaltation or friendly sign or exalted planet in the 4th house gives the beautiful house.
- If benefic planets are in the 3rd house and the 4th lord and lord of “Navamsha” of 4th house are strong, it gives multistoried house with the compound.
- If the 4th lord and the 10th lord are with Moon and Saturn, they give a most pleasing house.
- If “Lagna” lord and the 4th lord are in the 4th house they indicate a gain of the house in the most unexpected manner.
- If the 4th lord is in the 10th house and the 10th lord is in the 4th house with strong Mars, it opens the possibility of owning much property.
- If the respective lords of the 4th house and the 10th house are strong and friendly, they open the possibility of much-landed property.
- If the 4th lord is strong and is placed in its own house or is placed in the 3rd, 6th, 10th, or 11th houses and is receiving the aspect of benefic planets, there is a possibility of gaining much property.
The classical viewpoint of owning a house still holds good. However, with time various scholars and researchers have added ways to understand the prospects of owning property on the basis of promises in the horoscope. The main considerations are as follows:-
- Since buying property is a costly affair, it needs to be seen from the horoscope whether any “Dhan yoga” (a combination of wealth gain) is emerging. For bank-financed property role of the 6th house and the 6th lord become crucial.
- Role of the lord of the 4th house, exalted planets, “vargottam planets” (planets which do not change sign-in “Navamsha”), etc need monitoring to understand the prospects of property ownership.
- Mars signifies land and property and its influence on the 4th house is very important. Similarly, the roles of Jupiter and Venus are crucial because both of them are benefic planets helping in property ownership.
- The data of Jupiter, Venus, and Mars are generally good for buying property.